Some people are right handed while others are left handed. There are some activities that left-handers can’t easily do especially playing guitar. But what if you terribly want to learn to play such musical instrument? Is your case a hopeless one? Don’t be downhearted because you can also learn to play guitar even if you’re among the left-handers.
Even left-handed individuals should not worry if they too can play a guitar well just like the right handed individuals. There are some helpful tips that you can make use so that the learning process will be quite easy. Now, you have a chance to play guitar together with the right handed pros.
Well of course, you should prepare yourself for some problems that might arise while you’re learning to play the guitar. Here are the helpful tips that will guide you while you’re learning to play guitar.
1. Most left-handed guitarists are confused when choosing the appropriate guitar. You have to options when it comes to accomplishing this task. The first option is to get a guitar used by right handed individuals and then have the strings’ position changed. If you don’t know how to do this, you can ask help from expert guitarists. Now, some left-handers are not comfortable with this set up but if you can pull it through, go ahead.
The second option is to get a guitar for left-handers. Yes, there are now guitar especially designed for left handed people. Before you make any guitar purchase, you have to determine first which of these two options suits you.
2. Guitar lessons are sometimes hard to understand especially for lefties. You see, most guitarists are right handed and so you might get confused with the lessons. Always have this in your mind – try to reverse the lessons and everything will fall into place.
3. When you’re shopping for a new guitar, make sure that you buy from a reputable store. You see, there are some stores that deliver defective guitars especially if they notice that you’re an inexperienced left handed guitarist. Shop around and you can also ask help form fellow lefties so that they can show you the best stores in your area. If you want, you can also shop online and you will surely have a lot of choices.
4. Are you quite confident in learning to play the guitar? You have to be so that you will not feel ashamed to play the instrument even in the presence of other people. Being a left handed individual is not your fault. Many brilliant and famous guitarists are known all over the world like Paul McCartney, Curt Cobain, and Jimmy Hendrix.
5. For beginners, it would be helpful to not play a guitar for right handed people in a left handed way. You will surely encounter problems with the guitar chords if you do this. Some complicated chords will be very difficult to play.
6. What matters most when learning to play guitar is to have fun. If you’re comfortable with left hand guitars, don’t immediately replace it with right handed ones.
These are helpful tips that you should know especially if you’re a lefty. If you’re equipped with the right knowledge in playing guitars, all the guitar lessons will be very easy to learn and in no time at all, you will be playing with fellow lefties as well as with right handed guitarists.