Read these important tips…
1. CORRECTLY IDENTIFY and MARKET YOUR SKILLS
2. ANALYZE JOB ADS to identify top skills employers need
3. PROVE HOW YOUR SKILLS solve those needs
4. REPLACE WEAK TITLES with skills that match the job
5. WRITE POWERFUL CONTENT to quantify achievements
6. USE DESIGN THAT DIRECTS attention & sells in seconds
7. GRAPH RESUME TITLES & SKILLS to determine if they make your image go up, down or match the image of the job you want!
Set Great Goals
It’s tough to accomplish great things unless you set great goals. In fact, it’s hard to accomplish much of anything without a goal to lead you forward. Most of us need a have destination in mind when we set out or we end up wandering in circles.
So, how do you set great goals? First, it’s important to know what you really, truly want. Great goals can’t be lukewarm. They must be so compelling that they inspire you every day to do your best to achieve them. So spend some time writing down everything you want in life. Then put each item on your list to the test. Ask yourself, “If I could only accomplish five goals this year, would I want this to be one of them?”
After you’ve narrowed down your list of potential goals to the top five, write a paragraph for each that describes how your life would be different if you were to achieve that goal in the next year. Then reread your descriptions. Do any of them describe a great result? If not, you may have selected the wrong goals — or, perhaps, you’re not dreaming a big enough dream.
If, on the other hand, one or more of your top five goals gives you a sense of “greatness,” you’ll know what you need to accomplish this year.